Green Iron Road Wear makes every effort to provide high quality, accurate workmanship. We want to earn our customers satisfaction and loyalty. However, for anything with a human involved, mistakes do happen. Please read and understand our policies below. Also, please Contact Us if you have any other questions or if you have a problem with any item or order.
Last Updated: July 03rd, 2021
Green Iron Road Wear expends significant effort and cost to ensure orders are secure and properly packaged. However, GIRW will not be liable for packages that are mishandled, delayed, damaged, lost, stolen, delivered to the wrong address, or any other number of problems that can arise during shipping.
During the checkout processes, depending on the weight of the items ordered, GIRW provides customers with an opportunity to select their preferred shipping method: USPS First Class Mail with no shipping insurance, USPS Priority Mail with up to $50 insurance, USPS Priority Express Mail with up to $100 insurance, and USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express with Full Order insurance (up to the full value of the order, excluding shipping).
Any packages that are mishandled, damaged, lost, stolen or any other shipping problem are the responsibility of the customer to file and handle with the carrier. We regret this situation, but GIRW is not liable for problems incurred by the carrier, location, provided shipping address, weather, customs, country, the customer’s local laws, or etc.
In almost all cases all return and replacement shipping will be paid by the buyer. If Green Iron Road Wear covers or waives any shipping fee, it does so at its own discretion and such decisions do not affect other claims.
Returns or refunds may be available if the item has not been used or worn and:
- If an item was mistakenly purchased but a shipping label has not yet been purchased, a full refund is possible. Otherwise, a refund less the shipping fee will be issued. This does not apply to custom commissions. No refund will be issued for custom commissions once work has begun.
- If an item was mistakenly purchased and it has been shipped, the buyer will be responsible for return shipping and up-to a 25% restocking fee. A refund will not be issued if the item is not returned or has been used/damaged by the buyer in any way.
- If the item received by the buyer has a serious defect in its construction that was is not part of the original design or very negatively impacts the use/function of the item. The buyer will need to clearly provide evidence. All items are hand made and as such, very minor defects are normal.
- If GIRW overcharged, a refund may be offered. Note, this refund processing is completely out of the hands of GIRW and will vary based upon Square, Paypal, and/or the customer’s banking/credit card company. It is advised to expect at least 2 to 7 business days for all the various institutions to complete their processing.
Returns may also be available if the buyer purchased the wrong size of an item, though the buyer will be responsible for all additional shipping for the exchange. The exchanged item will not be shipped until the previous item is returned. The exchange will be declined and no refund issued if the returned item has been used/damaged by the buyer in any way.
Returns are not accepted for the following:
- Custom commissions or if the buyer provided incorrect measurements or instructions. Minor adjustments may be available but further fees may need to be negotiated.
- The defect was visible in store pictures.
- The item was sold at a discount due to known defects.
- The item was misused by the buyer.
- The item was damaged in shipping. The buyer will need to file a claim with the shipping agency, if the buyer purchased shipping insurance. See our Policy for Shipping, Insurance, Loss, Theft, & Claims for further details.
- The item shows signs of wear or use by the buyer.
Green Iron Road Wear is based out of Utah, U.S.A. and any shipment outside of the U.S.A. is considered “International”.
Green Iron Road Wear does not collect European Union (EU) Value Added Tax (VAT) during checkout. Customers will be responsible to pay their corresponding VAT upon delivery and any other processing fees. We apologize for any difficulties or delays incurred by this.
All international orders and shipping, is limited to countries that provide USPS Delivery Confirmation. An up-to-date list of those countries are found on USPS’s website. Our sincerest apologies if you live in a country not on this list. We hope we can expand this list soon.
Note: Due to how USPS handles shipping rates, the following are considered “domestic” when shipped via USPS:
United State (all 50 states), US District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands
At this time the following are the international countries that GIRW will sell and ship to:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Republic of, Singapore, Slovak Republic (Slovakia), Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America (and Minor Outlying Islands), and Vietnam.
Items listed on “Backorder” or “Available for Backorder” mean that we have all the supplies to make the item, but do not have the item currently completed and available for immediate shipment.
Shipping for an order containing a “backorderd” item will only be delayed by a few days (generally a week or less) and customers will not need to wait weeks or even months. Obviously, ordering a number of “backordered” items will increase the time to ship.
Green Iron Road Wear makes every effort to provide high quality, accurate workmanship. However, since all items are hand made and many are purposefully made with used, surplus, or old/worn materials, all items are sold “As-Is”.
Still, we at Green Iron Road Wear love our customers and want them to be satisfied with their purchase. Please Contact Us if you have any other questions or if you have a problem with any item or order.
While GIRW often uses heavy gauge rings, buckles or webbing, no items created by GIRW are meant to be used as, or in place of, actual rated safety products. Nor should any items, straps, hardware, or etc be used as load securing, supporting, or life safety devices.
All items should not be used other than their original intent.
Green Iron Road Wear nor any of its employees assume any liability for the use or misuse of any of its products.
Items sold at a discount, or listed in the “Salvage Bin” of the GIRW web store are discounted because of a material, color, or a construction defect. The quantities and availability are very limited. “Salvage Bin” items are sold AS IS. Under no conditions will refunds or returns be accepted for these items.
Green Iron Road Wear wholly reserves the right to refuse service and custom commissions for any reason, and at the minimum, on the following grounds:
- If GIRW is closed for custom work.
- Existing known, or reported, poor business history such as fraud, attempted fraud, lying, theft, attempted theft, charge backs, late/delayed payments, or similar.
- Graphic, pornographic, sexual, explicit, suggestive, defamatory, or derogatory language imagery or material.
- Extremist political or religious ideologies.
- Work that violates our own personal religious and moral liberties.
Green Iron Road Wear does not, and will not, discriminate on the basis of race, national origin (ancestry), religion, creed, sex, sexual preference, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital status, non-extremist political views or associations, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, suppliers, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
To maintain safety, privacy, and security, all news post comments and product reviews require approval before they are publicly visible.
Poor reviews from unsatisfied customers are not grounds for not approving a review. We at GIRW value honesty and integrity and we thank our customers for taking the time to help us improve our products and inform other customers.
All customer’s photos listed in the Customer Gallery (and sometimes on applicable product pages) have been used with permission. Customers retain full rights to their photos and may send a written request that their photograph(s) be removed at any time.
Green Iron Road Wear may edit, crop, resize or adjust the photo to improve its clarity of GIRW product(s) and to fit the website. The GIRW watermark is added to protect the rights of the photograph owner and GIRW. GIRW does not sell or redistribute the photos and only uses them for advertisement and promotion purposes.
The submission of a photo does not guarantee its use. Customer’s photos may not be used for a number of reasons including, but not limited to, variety in the gallery, quality, resolution, and/or any other photo content or background that may depict laws being violated, violates any of the policies contained here, or anything that GIRW deems objectionable. GIRW retains sole discretion on this matter.
Last updated April 12, 2020
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Green Iron Road Wear (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy/span>, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please Contact Us.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Services expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Services or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Publicly Available Personal Information. We collect first name, maiden name, last name, and nickname; current and former address; email addresses; phone numbers; and other similar data.
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect purchase history; financial information (credit card number, purchase history, invoices); passwords; and other similar data.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- To deliver services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Services. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
6. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
7. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please Contact Us.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may Contact Us.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
■ Log into your account settings and update your user account.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
■ Access your account settings and update preferences.
9. DATA BREACH
A privacy breach occurs when there is unauthorized access to or collection, use, disclosure or disposal of personal information. You will be notified about data breaches when Green Iron Road Wear believes you are likely to be at risk or serious harm. For example, a data breach may be likely to result in serious financial harm or harm to your mental or physical well-being. In the event that Green Iron Road Wear becomes aware of a security breach which has resulted or may result in unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information Green Iron Road Wear will promptly investigate the matter and notify the applicable Supervisory Authority not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
10. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
11. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please Contact Us and request an address to submit your request in writing.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
12. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
13. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may Contact Us.
HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?